Friday, December 25, 2009

HAIR HAIR HAIR! LOVE!



Okay, so speaking of shows. I have been OBSESSED with HAIR for the past year. and been thinking i'm a hippie or something. LOL
So naturally, thats what I wanted to see on broadway.
Well...It was my first broadway show! I was SO excited!
It was SO surreal to just be in NY, It didn't even hit me that I was there until after we had already left!

OKAY. On Wednesday of our trip, the 2nd day we were there we decided to do TKTS tickets for the Matinee of HAIR. The reason we decided to do this instead of the ticket lottery was because there were 3 of us who wanted to see the show, and the ticket lottery was too risky. We ended up getting like 5th row orchastra seats! Since we did TKTS the seats were 50% off, and they ended up costing about 58 dollars! It was amazing.

I WAS SO EXCITED FOR THE SHOW that I was literally shaking the ENTIRE time! I had a huge grin on my face the entire show, I looked rediculous! The awesome thing about HAIR is there is virtually no "4th Wall". The cast is dancing in your face, throughout the audience the entire show. They hand out real flowers to the audience and flyers for the "BE-IN" It makes you feel so apart of it! I wanted to get up, and sing along the whole time.
AND, not to mention I wouldn't mind having Will Swenson, or Gavin Creel dancing on me. hahaha.
Welllll. I was so nervous/excited during the whole show, that I didnt let myself cry once, until that is...the end dance party! OMG, We got to go up on the stage and sing let the sunshine in! It was a dream come true! I don't really remember it alot. It was so amazing! and then.....the tears came runnnnning down my face. I had a semi emotional happiness breakdown right after we danced on stage at hair. It was so surreal. I loved it so much. And it meant the world to me.

Afterwards we rushed outside to do stagedoor. This was my first stage door EVER! I was SOOOO excited! I got most of the casts autographs, and pictures will Gavin, Will, Caissie, Kacie, Andrew, and Brianna Carlson-Goodman. I basicly fell in love all over again with HAIR. It was absolutely beautiful. I can't say enough about it. or, I will cry. LET THE SUNSHINE IN!


WELL. That was my first broadway show experience. I think the thing that is so cool about it, is that about 4 months ago, I only imagined what it would be like to get to see HAIR or any show on broadway...or just to be in NY at all. and It happend. I am so GRATEFUL. Espcially on this Christmas day, in this especially hard year. HAIR has brought me so much happiness, and taught me to truely LOVE everyone.
Merry Merry Merry Happy Happy LOVE! :)















No comments:

Post a Comment